Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is this why we had kids?

When Chris asked for a massage yesterday morning I slyly encouraged Scarlett to do it.  I bribed her with lotion and she lasted about 3 full minutes before leaving Chris on his tummy covered in half a bottle of Aveno.

We are working on it...

 photo 073_zps4f6d2f56.jpg photo 075_zpsccb9bb72.jpg photo 076_zpsd5f7cfce.jpg


Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summertime...

Scarlett is LOVING the pool these days.  She is fully swimming, head under water, kicking her legs, swimming.  We are still not "parents can turn their back" pool safe, but we are close.  Give it one more month of endless days in the pool and a little more coaching and by next summer she will be a pro.

We spent yesterday at my parents house and my sister and I spent the whole time reminiscing about all of the fun games we used to play in the pool when we were kids.  We would spend hours making up games, using pool mats as slides, or playing "salon" in the jacuzzi.   We would get out at the end of a long summer day with burnt shoulder and pruny fingers, ready to collapse with the sun. 

 photo 078_zpsf13bc393.jpg photo 080_zps42ff0cae.jpg photo 083_zps5ed3b6c0.jpg photo 086_zpse2261032.jpg photo 087_zps6165536c.jpg photo 089_zpsa50e5716.jpg



Monday, July 29, 2013

Movie Monday...

Dominic got a hold of Chris's plate and wasn't willing to give it up. So of course I had to document. 


Red meat anyone?

Friday, July 26, 2013

We are so close...




Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New shower curtain...

Why, yes.  I think I will forgo all other way more pressing projects to create a new shower curtain for my babies.

Enter fabric that I ordered for Dominics bumper but quickly realized the bedroom was going in a completely different direction.  Now suited perfectly for the bathroom...I have BIG plans for the kids ugly white on white on gold bathroom.

 photo 004_zpsd2005821.jpg photo 005_zps15398802.jpg

I laid out the fabric on top of a old shower curtain as my pattern with at least 1 inch of fabric laying over the edge on the two sides, and two inches on the top and bottom. This became the extra fabric for the hem. Once I got the correct measurements, I started sewing the pieces together. Then I folded the top and bottom edges under one inch and ironed, and then another inch and ironed again. This created a nice stark, straight seam that I could sew with a 1/4 inch seam without having to pin. I then did the same thing on the left and right sides but with a 1/2 inch seam instead of 1 inch. I sewed a 1/4 inch straight seam along then entire edge of the curtain. Then, using the old curtain as a pattern I marked where the holes needed to be for hanging. I cut slits in the fabric and sewed around the entire edge of the slit, as close the slit as possible. This closed the fabric so it wont fray or rip as it hangs. Then I hung it and stood back. It was exactly what I wanted and now I am anxious to finish the bathroom. I see lots of navy, orange and grey in its future.